Two automated methods are available for performing a version rollback and going back to an older IncrediBuild version:
1. Make sure the older IncrediBuild version's Setup application is accessible from the computer running IncrediBuild Coordinator.
2. Make sure all IncrediBuild Agents are connected to the Coordinator, and that a user is logged on to these computers (offline Agents can be updated manually at a later time).
3. Make sure you have your license file ready.
4. You may notify all IncrediBuild users about the upcoming version rollback using the Coordinator "Send Message..." Agent menu option.
Method 1 - Quick Rollback
With this method, an older version is installed on top of the current newer version. This method of rolling back maintains the present configuration and is the quickest and most simple method. However, because the newer version is not fully uninstalled before the older version is installed, there is some risk of leaving behind unsupported files or data, in particular when rolling back to a very early version. Should this happen, it will be possible to correct the condition using the 'Full Rollback' option (see below).
To perform a quick rollback:
* Note that the Rollback must be performed on the remote Agents prior to the Coordinator machine.
1. Access the Coordinator Machine and open the Coordinator Monitor.
2. Select the "Remote Agent(s)..." option Using the 'File' menu -> 'Version Rollback...'.
The "Version Rollback" window will open.
3. Select the "Quick Rollaback (Recommended)" option in the drop-down list and click 'OK'.
The "Select an IncrediBuild Setup program" window will open.
4. Choose the release/build installation file you wish to rollback to (e.g. - ibsetup1444.exe).
5. The Remote Agents would start the rollback process.
6. A Rollback confirmation window will appear on each of the Remote Agents.
If needed, access each of the remote Agents and Click 'OK' to approve the rollback process.
Note: Once the rollback completes on the remote Agents they will appear in the Coordinator Monitor with "Incompatible Version" status.
7. After completing the rollback of the remote Agents: Select the "Local Coordinator..." option Using the 'File' menu -> 'Version Rollback...'.
A pop-up window titled "Incredibuild Coordinator" window will open.
8. Click 'OK' to approve the Coordinator Machine rollback.
9. Click 'Next' and after that 'Finish' to complete the rollback process on the Coordinator machine.
Method 2 - Full Rollback
With this method, the current version is fully uninstalled on the Coordinator and all Agent machines, and the older version is installed instead. The Rollback process is performed from the Coordinator application:
1. To begin, choose "Version Rollback..." from the File menu.
2. Browse the file system and select the older IncrediBuild version's Setup application file. Click OK when done.
3. The Coordinator application should now send version rollback requests to all Agents currently connected to the Coordinator. This will cause the following steps to be executed on all of the computers running IncrediBuild Agents (note that all steps require user interaction):
1. An Uninstall process of the current version.
2. A Setup process of the older version.
4. The Rollback process will now ask if you would like to perform a version rollback on the computer running the Coordinator. You may prefer to do this at a later time, in order to perform another version rollback operation (useful if some of the Agents declined the version rollback request or some Agents were not connected to the Coordinator at the time). To run another version rollback process, repeat the above process.
5. Once you've selected to run a version rollback process on the computer running the Coordinator, follow these steps:
1. Go through the current version's Uninstall process.
2. Go through the older version's Setup process. In the "Component Selection" page, select "IncrediBuild Coordinator".
3. Double-click your license file to activate your license.
After the version rollback process has been run on the computer running the Coordinator, Agents that have not performed the version rollback process may do so by going through the following process:
1. Method 1 (quick rollback): Right-click the Agent tray-icon and select "Update Version".
2. Method 2 (Full rollback):
1. Uninstall IncrediBuild.
2. Run the older version's Setup application.