Comparing Visual Studio and IncrediBuild command lines
Posted by Uri Mishol on 15 January 2007 01:28 PM
The following article describes how to compare command lines used by IncrediBuild to run a certain step (compilation, linking, etc.) with those used in standard Visual Studio builds for the same step. This can be useful in cases where a different result is obtained when running VC and IB builds:|
1. Open the Agent Settings dialog "Build Monitor | Output" page.
2. Check the "Show command lines" option.
3. Run an IncrediBuild build - the build output should now contain the command lines IncrediBuild used.
4. Run a VC build. In the project's intermediate folder you should find a file called "BuildLog.htm" which will contain the command lines used by VC for the run commands.
5. Compare the two command lines used for the same step.