Agent "Connection Failed" status: Configuring IncrediBuild to work with Windows Firewall over multiple subnets
Posted by - NA - on 26 January 2005 04:04 PM
Additional manual configuration is required when IncrediBuild is used with Microsoft Firewall over multiple network subnets:|
Symptom: Certain Agents fail to run distributed builds and show a "Connection Failed" status in the Coordinator Monitor and Network Connectivity Test window. Using IncrediBuild's Windows Firewall configuration feature has noe effect, as does the "Test Connection" option in the Coordinator Monitor.
Solution: The following process is required on all Agent and Coordinator machines:
1. Open the Network properties page.
2. Select the "Advanced" tab.
3. Click "Settings..." In the "Windows Firewall" frame.
4. Select the "Exceptions" tab.
5. For every port listed as being used by IncrediBuild, click 'Edit', then 'Change Scope' and finally change the scope to 'Any computer'.